One of the great things about the iPhone is the powerful camera that is built into it. The iPhone is actually used to take more pictures than any other camera on the market. Apple’s recent improvements to the camera with the iPhone 4s has only helped make it popular as a picture taking device.
With a camera essentially available to people everywhere they go, they take pictures of what they’re doing, who they’re doing it with, and the funny things they come across. After taking these pictures, people want to share them with their friends and family and there is no better way to do so than by sharing through Facebook.
While Apple and Facebook have had rocky integrations with social media features through iTunes, the iPhoto app has Facebook features built right into it. To make it quick and easy to share all of your iPhone pictures with friends and family on Facebook you’ll need to make sure you have setup iPhoto to import your photos from your iPhone each time you sync it. You can do this through iCloud, or with a cable that connects your iPhone to your Mac.
Once you’ve gotten your pictures to sync quickly to iPhoto your can easily set up iPhoto to share just your iPhone pictures (Those you’ve taken while you’ve been out and about living your life) with your friends and family on Facebook.
How To Share All Your iPhone Pictures on Facebook
Once you’ve synced your iPhone camera roll to iPhoto on your Mac you’ll want to add your Facebook account to iPhoto:
- Open iPhoto Preferences under the iPhoto Menu item on the menu bar
- Select Accounts
- Add A new Facebook Account by clicking the Plus button and selecting Facebook.
- Enter your Facebook information, agree to the terms and conditions, and login
Now that you’ve added a Facebook account to iPhoto you’re ready to upload all of your iPhone images as an album. Follow the steps below to start sharing:
- Create a Smart Album – in iPhoto select File >> New Smart Album
- Name Your New Smart Album and select from the conditions “Camera Model” then “is” then “Apple iPhone 4s” (Or Apple iPhone 4)
- Add another condition and select “Photo” then “is not” then “Movie” and select OK. We need to remove the videos from your phone because Facebook requires that you upload each video one at a time.
- Next, select your new smart album on the left iPhoto navigation pane.
- Then in the lower right corner of iPhoto, or from the menu bar, select Share and on Facebook, selecting your Facebook account that you registered.
After you finish the steps above your photos taken on your iPhone will push to Facebook. In the future, just come back to the same Album and click share to share just the new photos you’ve taken (They’ll be saved in the same album unless you select a new one).
Sharing your best iPhone pictures with your friends and family on Facebook couldn’t be any easier!