Lifehacker.com provided a simple but informative tip that shows you how to display the date on the menu bar. This of course is for anyone that doesn’t know to look at the iCal icon to see today’s date.
- In System Preferences, open International and go to the Formats tab.
- Next to Dates, click the Customize button. Arrange your date in the format you want to appear on your menubar. Use the down arrows on each element to choose between formats (January, Jan, 01, 1, etc.) I chose [Oct 29], as shown.
- Now, select the entire date format and copy it to your clipboard (Cmd+A, Cmd+C). Hit OK.
- Hit the Customize button next to Times. Choose the “Medium” format.
- Paste the date format on your clipboard next to the time format, and hit OK. You’re done!
Head over to lifehacker.com for more details.