According to research, Millennials plan to retire at an earlier age than Baby Boomers. For this to become a reality Millennials need to come up with a strong retirement savings plan and put it into action as early as possible. Luckily we live in the age of technology and there’s an app for just about everything, retirement planning included. Here’s a look at 5 of the top retirement planning apps that will help get you on your way to an early retirement.
- Mint: While not as directly related to retirement planning as the other featured apps, Mint provides you with the budgeting and spending tracking that will get you closer to your retirement goals. Linked to your bank account, Mint tracks and categorizes all of your spending so you have a clear picture of where your money is going each month. Its budgeting solution is easy to use and incredibly user friendly. As an added bonus, Mint will make recommendations for things like IRA rollover offers and credit cards based off your spending and budgeting habits. On top of all of that, it’s free!
- RetirePlan: All of your questions about retirement answered in one iPad app. This app gives you the ability to get detailed as you’d like with your retirement planning. You can play around with values and options to see how it will impact your bottom line and retirement age.
- My Retirement Tools: This app provides the tools you need to guide you towards your desired retirement lifestyle. Included in the collection of tools are calculators for savings, contributions, investment comparisons, and withdrawals.
- LearnVest: This app will help you reach your financial and retirement goals by providing you with a customized financial plan and providing you with all of the tracking you need to stay on track with those goals. Along with the app comes a team of Certified Financial Planners who are only a call or email away 24/7 for assistance with your financial planning. For this reason, it’s a great alternative for financial planning newbies.
- Retirement Countdown: Once you have your retirement plan mapped out and have utilized the above apps to keep you on track with saving and spending month to month, start counting down to the big day! This app allows you to check in on the amount of work time you have left (down to the second) before your projected retirement. Having a hard day at work? Take a peek at Retirement Countdown and picture yourself at the beach 8,954 days from now.
Test out these apps and you’ll be on your way to retirement before you know it!